Children’s Home “Atsigręžk į vaikus”
- Non-governmental organization, founded in year 1996 in Vilnius. Director of this institution is Sigita Ignatovičienė.
- Children’s home provides social care services for children from Vilnius region and takes care about children from 3 to 18 years old who lost parental care.
- In 2010 founded the branch “Čižiūnai Temporary Child Care Centre” in Čižiūnai village, Aukštadvaris, Trakai r. The leader of this centre is Artūras Jakubčionis.
- Provides day care centre services for children of Vilnius district who live in social risk families (14 children from 7 to 14 years old) (more info about Day Care Centre >>>).
- In 2011 founded new branch – “Social Work Methodical Center”:
- Organizes trainings, seminars and conferences for children living in children’s home and social workers working in child care institutions.
- Prepares methodological publications for children and social workers about the child’s preparation for independent life, positive parenting and preparation for family.
In 2012 children’s home opened a Youth home (dormitory) for youngsters who are leaving children’s home. At this moment 7 youngsters live in the dormitory. This Youth home provide specific social services for youngsters:
- Help to choose educational institution.
- Help to find the first job.
- Help to find first own apartment.
- Teach youngsters necessary social skills.